Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spring Weekend

Finally, we've got spring! So we went with friends to a new park on Saturday, Jingshan, which overlooks the Forbidden City. It was a typical Chinese scene, with cute kids, singers who were not at all self-conscious, and a hazy view over what was once forbidden.
As a little boy poses for his parents, another woman gets a closeup shot of cherry blossoms.

The Forbidden City as seen from the park.


And on Sunday, I went dragon boating: first time on the water this year. If that's not a sign of spring, I don't know what is. Today my shoulders are sore, but yesterday we were powering our way down Houhai in the brilliant sunshine. As I watched the ducks paddle, I have to admit that I tried not to get any water in my mouth or eyes as some of the novice rowers drenched me with their rows. I'm sure these cute little fellows weren't carrying bird flu, but I didn't want to take a chance.
Tristan gives paddling instructions while balancing on the narrow boat.

The view from the boat.


No comments:

Post a Comment