Thursday, May 2, 2013

Beautiful Meiguo

I've been in the States for a week and a half now, and still find myself nearly gasping at the beauty of this country: snow-capped Adirondacks in Lake Placid, the sparkling waters of Lake Champlain, the gentle beauty of my Hudson River, the deep blue shade of DC's sky just after sunset, the brilliant azaleas that cover DC.

People. At the risk of sounding preachy, I need to say this. We have so much. We live in such beauty. We have to cherish it and preserve it as much as we can.

I'm looking forward to getting back to the 'Jing, but I'm also glad I have a few consolation activities to distract me on my arrival: a reception at the British ambassador's house with the Tuesday Trotters, a party for friends in our apartment complex, upcoming visits to Hangzhou and Yunnan, and bowling. Especially bowling.

No comments:

Post a Comment